Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


     It kind of stinks that in order to get a 'Mother's Day' for life card you have to go through labor and delivery, not to mention pregnancy!   I added it up and figured that with 45 months of carrying babies inside me,  37 hours of labor, an additional 40 hours of false labor, and 32 months of nursing,  I deserve the presents I get on M day!!!  But then you take in to consideration that you have been feeding these babies 3 meals a day for the last 30 years which adds up to 32,850 meals ( okay in all honesty I don't always do breakfast so subtract 10,950 and that is still a lot of cookin') I don't think I really deserve the food I get on M day just the labor it took.  All kidding aside I did have a great M day and I feel very blessed to be a mother of 5, a step-mother of 6, a grandmother of 1 and 1/2 , a step-grandma of 2, a mother-in-law of 3, a step-mother-in-law of 3 and I can't forget the 2 grand-dogs.A woman never had it so good. My plate is full and my cup runneth over.  Thanks for a great day.     The added plus to the celebration is that I am blessed with a wonderful mother and mother-in-law.

1 comments:

Kimmie Jean said...

That purple looks great with your dark hair!