Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It is finally looking like SPRING


We are finally getting a bit of sun here and there and it gives me hope for a bit of SPRING.  Everything is starting to bloom.  I have been able to start getting my flower gardens in shape, which I love.  I hate to admit it but after the rain when the sun finally shows it's face everything is a vast display of every color of green with splashes of spring blossoms all around.  It is glorious.   We might even get motivated to put our veggie garden in this next week .  WOW!

Another sign of spring is in our backyard.  All of the little critters are returning including the eagles, ducks and geese.  We love watching the geese because they are in families with a couple that mate for life.  We get to watch when their little gooslings hatch and start following their parents around.  The mom and dad are very protective and usually have the babies in-between them.  Right now we have 2 goose families.  One with 5 babies and one with seven.  They come back and forth between the islands and the grassy backyards to eat and poop (alot) and then go for a swim around the lake.    I wanted closer pics but the geese didn't trust me.

0 comments: