Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday is a special day

It is actually spring somewhere
    In an ideal world my family would keep the Sabbath Day Holy by waking up to a clean house with the Mo tabs CD softly playing in the back ground,  we would wander in for a leisuely breakfast of healthy fruits and whole grain muffins, a little OJ or hot chocolate, everyone would be dressed in not just 'sunday best'  but 'sunday best' according to Mom's standard, and of course a few minutes early so we can all leave for church together, happy and arriving early to take our favorite spot on the back row (my family has really long legs) and quietly listen to the prelude music.  Of course my ideal would be a delicious dinner quickly ready upon arriving home,  the children (bless their little hearts) offer to not only do the dishes but clean up the kitchen, pushing the dinning room chairs in and properly putting the food away (don't laugh this is my dream day remember)  then we take naps, write in our journals and go for long walks,  our home teacher doesn't have time to visit he just drops off brownies which we devour with milk while we watch an old Disney movie, have family scripture time and Family prayer.  The pleasant day ends with hugs and kisses all around and sweet dreams to send us to a good nights sleep all ready for a new week, having a day where we worshipped and remembered the Savior.
My actual idea of a perfect day!
     Ah,  that would actually make me look forward to Sunday.  In my real life we are not really that far off,  okay maybe a bit more than that  but occasionally I do a bang up job on Saturday to be ready.  I discovered years ago that it takes two days to keep the Sabbath day holy and if I get the house in order, clothes prepared and dinner made our day goes really well.  I am not ignorant to the fact that their are many personalities to deal with andonly one bad attitude could throw a wrench in the day.  However,  I truly believe that we get heavenly points for trying.  Every single week trying for the ideal!  I think I might do it this week.  Thats about 7 points for me this year.  How are you doing?

2 comments:

Follower of Christ said...

Seriously! I could work hard all saturday and get up early to get sunday morning all perfect but then everyone else wakes up late and ruin it all!

MelissaMichelle said...

are you serious with those pictures?