Monday, February 7, 2011

Rain drops on roses

Maria in 'The Sound of Music' taught her children, that she governed, to sing about their favorite things whenever they were scared or troubled.  Well, I have raindrops on my roses, so much so that they rotted last year and who knows if I will even see any this spring thanks to endless days of rain.  The dreary overcast skies crowd in on me and everything feels dark and sufficated by about 2:00 almost every day.  Or so it seems.  The ground hog saw it's shadow on the 2nd which means that there was a least one sunny day recently but also that there will be 6 more weeks of winter  aghhhhhhhhh!  I hate it.....  so I decided to take pictures and write about my favorite things..........

My Teddy Bear collection.  I just can't resist a cute cuddly bear.  I have gotten rid of alot of them but the ones my husband has given me are never going anywhere.  I love them.

My holiday decorations.  I do need some grand kids around to appreciate just how cute I can go with these.....maybe next year?

Gifts from my Mom and my sister.  They always send me things that remind them of me and they are generally right on.  This last birthday they gave me this cute owl collection.  Fabulous I'd say.

Works of Art that my sweet husband seems to pick up from time to time.  I need more walls.  I love this stuff.

Handmade things like this rag quilt from my mom.  It's my fav.

My willow tree statues....or I guess Demdaco (so fun to say).


Okay...I feel better now...even if it is pouring outside.  Maybe tomorrow I will blog about my shoes....I love them too!


1 comments:

Kimmie Jean said...

Do you realize how long Ive been dying for an owl cookie jar?! LOVE LOVE!